Cheap Trick escape as Ottawa rock stage collapses

In 1978, I was an excited ninth grader, on my way in the back of my family's station wagon (you know which kind Im talking about, the WALLY WAGON, the one with the two seats that popped out in the way back and what even sucked even more was this station wagon was POWDERED BLUE...but thankfully WITHOUT the paneling on the sides).....anywho....my daddy was the bomb and took me and 6 friends to see FOGHAT and opening act CHEAP TRICK.....I knew about them from the songs Dream Police, and Surrender......they actually rocked it more than I imagined.....one of the little sidebar memories from that concert was that my crush went with us and he and I ended up making out sitting on those danged little seats, praying to all that was holy that my dad wouldnt look into the rear view mirror and see what we were doing....;-)

Im happy that the band was unhurt in this freak accident....

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Veteran U.S. band Cheap Trick escaped unharmed when a storm blew down much of the stage they were performing on at a major rock concert in Ottawa, Canada, late on Sunday.

The band were about 20 minutes into their set at the Ottawa Bluesfest when the storm suddenly swept over the area. The band left the stage seconds before a particularly strong gust destroyed most of the structure, pushing it back onto an adjacent road and away from the thousands of spectators.

Three people were injured, including the band's bus driver. Police are investigating the incident, which happened on the event's last night.

 
I know that this song and video came out in the later years of Cheap trick....but I think that this is one of the saddest, sexiest, heart wrenching songs EVER....it is my one of my favorite songs...ever.....I think Tom Petersson, the bass player, is hot and he reminds me of a special bass player that will always have a little place in my heart....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite place.....

Buddy Rich - A jazz drumming legend....stolen items!

FANTASTIC CAT: THE HAMILTON, WASHINGTON, DC: AUGUST 14, 2024