So, Apparently Lady Gaga can sing

I just heard a live performance of "Edge of Glory" by Lady Gaga on the Howard Stern Show. It was her and a piano. That's it. I'm here to tell you, she's no joke. I am now a fan of her as a singer/songwriter. As a middle-aged white dude who's favorite bands are the Beatles, Zeppelin, the Stones, Ramones, Sex Pistols, KISS, etc... I didn't think much of the couple Gaga songs I'd heard, just pleasant commercial pop. But this, THIS... WOW, AMAZING! MOVING! GREAT VOICE! AT 8A.M.! As Howard said "one of the best performances on his show ever". Gaga: I will not be so closed minded in the future. You may be an anomaly among pop stars but I will not assume all pop stars are prefab bullshit again. You are the genuine article.


Enjoy,
Dave
(contributing blogger, Together Music Friends)






Comments

  1. I think she's a tad on the strange side but I did listen to this video that you had posted on Facebook and I was stunned....if she got rid of some of the 'camp' she'd be more of a powerhouse....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite place.....

Buddy Rich - A jazz drumming legend....stolen items!

FANTASTIC CAT: THE HAMILTON, WASHINGTON, DC: AUGUST 14, 2024