My very first crush.....Elvis Presley

Elvis Presley left the building, 38 years ago today....if he had lived, he would have been 80 years old......hard to think of those hips swiveling at that age, eh?

But, he was my very first girl hood crush (second only to Donny Osmond).....I love to watch, to this day, Old Elvis Presley movies.....my favorite being Girl Happy....I own about ten Elvis movies and watch them while crafting, beading, working on pictures....I dont know why I love them so but they are one of my more guilty pleasures...and I also introduced my youngest daughter to them and we enjoy watching them together on occasion......

I was CRUSHED when Elvis died....I was a teenager and was just devastated that he died at such an early age.....of course, I wasnt into the bloated, jumpsuit, Vegas Elvis but still loved him all the same....I felt I would always have the opportunity to see him in concert one day because he traveled to DC every now and again and with his death, that one got scratched off the bucket list forever....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite place.....

Buddy Rich - A jazz drumming legend....stolen items!

FANTASTIC CAT: THE HAMILTON, WASHINGTON, DC: AUGUST 14, 2024